Saturday, January 29, 2011

Twisted Easel Card

Hello, this evening I worked very hard on creating a different type of card for my best friend. Earlier today she became a Creative Memories consultant and joined my team, so I wanted to create an extra special thank you card for her. I was cruising thru Youtube videos, as I usually do, and came across the every talented Monica Gale. I watched her video on the "Twisted Easel Card" and decided that was what I was going to make my new team member. Please tell me what you think..The card it self was fairly simple to make, however selecting what to put on it, and color matching was hard..lol

*Please note:Also in the pictures you will see that I sponged everything except the front scallops..before placing it in the envelope, I did go back and sponged them.I would have taken another picture to show it to you, but I dropped my camera, right after the last shot, and one of my batteries has disappeared somewhere here in the scrap room...so until I find it, I can't take any more shots.








For this 5 x 5 sized card, I used the following items:

Stamps: Sweet Tilda by Magnolia, Sentiment is part of the Trendy Trees stamp set by Stampin' Up!

Cardstock and paper: Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up!, and the others are unknown

Flowers: Bazzill Wings

Brads: Rhinestones from the Pretties Kit by Stampin' Up!

Punches: Scalloped Circles 1 1/2 in., 2 in.(EK Success) and 3 in.(Marvy), Border punch by Martha Stewart

Dies: Scalloped Circle by Sizzix

Ribbon: Unknown, but notice that I used pinking shears to finish it ;0)

Ink:Creamy Caramel by Stampin' Up!

Markers: Copics

10 comments:

Jean said...

Love your card Marciava, your coloring of Tilda is great and the layout is perfect and love the big flower with the brad in the middle... Greeat card..
Hugs, Jean

Leslie Avila said...

Really cute card and so creative. Thanks so much for sharing. Hoping your having a wonderful weekend.
Blessings from Georgetown,
Leslie

Cassy said...

What a fun card! I love the "edging" at the bottom - very creative!
:o)
Cassy

Cricket said...

Wow, that is awesome. Love the colors.

Candy said...

Marciava,
You card is so unique and pretty!
I love it and all your embellishments.
I am sure your friend will love it!
Hugs, Candy

Rene said...

I love Sweet Tilda! What a unique layout...great job! Your new teammate will love it!
Rene :D

Christina C. said...

Such a unique card....love it!!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

It's a sweet card! This is a different shape easel and that is so cool :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sandy said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous coloring! I love this take on an easel card - you are indeed very talented!
Sandy

Karen's Fun Blog said...

So cute, love the pleated lace!! : )