Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Scrapbooking Room

Good evening...I often get asked, what type of scrapping space do I have...well I am not quite finished with my scrapbooking space, because I still need to add curtains, and a few pictures on the walls, but for the most part everything is right where I want it. While it is not a huge room, it's about 10 x 10, I am thankful I have my own scrapbooking room period. So below you will find pictures of my room, with some captions underneath, so you know what some things are:

Just in case you did not know, when you click on each picture it shows you the enlarged version, so you can actually see up close.

***Wall #1***



When you first walk into my scrapbooking room, to your immediate left, is my tall bookcase that holds my Cricut Expressions, Create and Original. My Gypsy is across that room near my computer. This bookcase also has almost all of my cartridges (the zip lock bags are the seasonal ones, and the ones that do not come with a hard case.) Due to space, the cartridges are doubled up on the shelf, and also stacked. At the top of the bookcase are various containers with colored embellishments, and my two conatiners I received from the Whimsy Jar Swap I participated in back in the fall. At the bottom shelf I have 6 of my completed 12 x 12 albums. As well as my mini-power sort and my Powersort Box. Currently that Power Sort contains the other half of the Disney pictures I am working on. The shelf just above it, contains many of my favorite books, Nicholas Sparks collection, pregnancy books, and a few Pampered Chef cookbooks.






Next to the big bookcase, is my wall unit, it has 8 of my cubes stacked, with two shelves attached. The cubes to the top left hold 2 completed albums, Creative Memories 12 x 12 additions kit, personal trimmer and my Crop A Dile. Underneath it, the next two cubes hold 12 x 12 patterned paper and some cardstock that hasn't been cut. Then the last cube on that side has some memorabilia that goes in my albums. The middle shelf currently has two storage compartments that are pretty much empty until I move a few more items around, to make space for some things I am ordering later this month. They can also be moved for extra scrapping space if I have a crop with more than 3 people. On to the right side of the wall unit, the top cube holds 3 new albums, my trimmers, and some other small tools. The next cube holds about 8 spools of ribbon, tons of card swap kits I have received, and extra pre-stamped images. The third cube holds Cricut cutting mats, a few Creative Memories, Power Palette systems, my Disney Paper Stacks, and a huge stack of 12 x 12 chipboard pieces. Then that last cube has extra conatiners for altering.(Please note the outlet underneath the shelf, does not have an outlet cover because we just painted the room not too long ago, and we have to get a new cover to replace the one that was there. Since I don't have little kids, and my teens are pretty good about not sticking things in the "socket", I think we will be okay, until I get to lowes again.)










Across the top are several magazine holders with a ton of scrapbooking magazines, a few swap border sets, some completed cards, my Xyron adhesives, my original Sizzix, and the last 5 magazine racks to the right are just my huge collection of Creative Memories cardstock.


***Wall #2***



On to the next wall, is my set of Ikea, racks, baskets and holders. At the very top in the blue containers are different types of liquid adhesive, my crimper, and extra adhesive cartridges (there are more in another area as well.

The top left basket containers envelopes, clear and colored. The top right contains embellishment containers filled with brads, buttons, eyelets, etc from Stampin' Up!



The two middle baskets contain ribbon, the left various spools, the right mostly packaged sets by Stampin' Up!



The next two baskets conatin plenty of smaller punches and my Martha Stewart punches.


Then of course as you can see the bottom two tracks carry most of my punches. I also have a large selection of CM punches as well, but they are stored in the large CM pods I have in another area, you will see in later pictures.

***In The Middle Of The Room, Off Of Wall #2, In Front Of The Window***




Here we have my two cropping units. If two croppers are sitting here, they would face one another. On the side in which guest's sit, there are various tools, paper, clear stamps, and envelopes in the drawers. To the left of the guest is the fax machine/printer/ phone. To the right is a Making Memories turnabout caddy, it has everything from Stampin' Up! markers to scissors.





On the opposite side , which is where I sit everyday (excuse my cordless phone and trail mix) Is my computer, extra Creative Memories pages, several empty new coversets, page protectors, and layouts that are completed, but have to actually be placed into the coversets. To my left each day is the black Pampered Chef turnabout that I keep my copic markers in. There is a close up of that as well. On the wall behind my head is one of those metal wall hangings that holds the little embellishment containers. My black Everyday Display Board by Creative Memories is also on that wall. I am in the process of creating a new layout to go up there. Look for that in the next few days. I will post it here on the blog.






On the end, (I actually call it my end cap) are 18 drawers, filled with glitter, stamp pads, clear stamps, pre made embellishments, my daughters scrapbooking supplies, etc. The end cap is what the two turnabouts sit on.







In the corner of my room, to the right of where I sit, there are two six cube bookcases stacked. The top portion has my Creative Mmeories pods, my Gypsy boxes,and almost all of my Stampin' Up! stamp sets. The lower portion as seen in this first picture houses some of my complete 7 x 7 and 8 x 8 albums, my swaps that are completed, but need to mailed out, some magazines, and my xyron personal cutter is that hot pink bag on the bottom shelf.

***Wall #3***
Not really much on this wall except the magnetic embellishment holder and my black Everyday Display Board by Creative Memories.

***Wall #4***

On this wall there are 6 cubes. The top left is a file folder drawer, filled with all of my Stampin' Up! 12 x 12 cardstock. Underneath it are two cubes filled with all of my scraps. The top right cabinet that has a glass door, has all of my Creative Memories business supplies in it, such as order forms, catalogs, flyers, etc. The two bottom shelves contain more completed albums and all of my sizzix dies and embossing folders.



The colorful drawers to the left of the cubes holds more magazines, pictures of layouts, templates, etc. the black file holder on top of the rainbow drawers, holds all of my 8.5 x 11 Stampin' Up! cardstock. Notice the top of the cubes has envelopes, magazines, and my Big Shot.

The black shelving system to the right is one that collapses to take to crops, and currently has porjects I am working on now stored in it. So when it's time to go, I can just collapse it and go. Thenof course there is a picture of my daughters they gave me for Christmas sitting on top of it.

Above the cubes are two small white shelves, one has several of my flowers, the other two penguin gifts I received at work.




A look at my sizzix dies, many of them are behind one another, so you can't quite see them all...



Here is another look at my scraps...



Also not shown in the pictures, is another glass and metal desk on wall #4. The smaller black chair shown in a few of the pictures is the chair for that desk. That desk is used for a third cropper or for when my husband comes down here with his laptop and hangs out while I am scrapbooking.

I hope you have enjoyed my little tour. My next goal is to get curtains to match the room. If you have any questions about where I purchased a storage item, let me know, I would love to help.

7 comments:

Barb Hardeman said...

Awesome scrapping space! Thanks for the guided tour through your exceptionally neat and tidy space!
Hugs, Barb

Deb said...

You sure have managed to get a lot into a 10 x 10 space - how long does it stay this organized for?? ;O) Reason I ask is that I work like crazy to get everything neat and organized and then start pulling out supplies for a project and pretty soon, it looks like a cyclone hit!!
Hugs,
Deb

ShirleyTACS said...

Wow! what a wonderful space to work. Your organization is wonderful. And you've got so much in such a small space. Thanks for sharing. Shirley

Kylie said...

Oh MY GOODNESS!!! I am in love with your craft room. You lucky duck. Your space really doesnt look small, you've done well with all of your amazing organisation.
Have a great day,
Hugs
Kylie (from Aus) xx

Sharon Keanly said...

THIS my dear woman, is a Crafter's dream haven... wow... you are so fortunate to have such a huge space and all your stash and bookshelves... I'd love to come and play with you...lol Enjoy it dear, what a blessing! hugs Sharon (from South Africa)

Leslie Avila said...

Wow, you have a nice scrap area! Loving all the organization...I'm all about that!

Hugs,
leslie

Amanda Evans said...

Very cute and ORGANIZED room! Awesome!