Thursday, July 15, 2010

July Kit Swap Demo Card

Hello..for those of you that would like a sneak peek...I have created a sample card with some of the items I included in one of my kits for the July Kit Swap on the Magnolia Yahoo Group. I did not use all of the items I am sending, and I did use a sentiment and glitter, which are not in the kit, sorry...


What I did use is...


Yellow shimmery cardstock-Bazzill

Green polka dot paper-Making Memories

Hibiscus paper-K and Company (I think)

Stamped Image-Magnolia Surf Tilda

I used Ribbon on this one. A few of you are getting the orange ribbon, and some of you are getting beige twill from Stampin' Up!


You will notice, I did the spotlight technique..let me know what you think...

and of course I colored with copics...


7 comments:

Lisette Morris said...

Very nice! I don't think I would have been able to spotlight with a scallop edge. That's awesome!

Regina said...

Very nice! This image is so cute and you did a great job!!
Hugs
Regina

Corinne said...

Very nice! I like the spot light technique...will have to try that out.
Hugs~
Corinne

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this technique, but it looks so cool on your image! Love the sparkly round sentiment. Great job!

Autumn said...

This is adorable, great technique! Also, you commented on one of my cards a week or so ago wanting to know the colors I used for a skin tone...I believe they were E37,33,53,and a little of E11,13...can't rememer which...just kept adding them til i was happy. I know the cheeks were R22, but I always go over my image with the lightest shade used on the face to blend it in more. I hope this helps a little. have a great day!

xxAutumn

cabio's craft corner said...

That's neat to choose a spot to color. Very cool idea and great card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Marciava Stovall said...

Hi...I stamped it with memento on the large sheet of white. Then I stamped an additional one on a different sheet, colored it, an dthen punched it out with a scallop punch. I then just layered the scallop over the black and white image.